Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Pierre McGuire was REALLY close to becoming the Lightning GM

I have received information today regarding the process of hiring Steve Yzerman as GM in Tampa Bay.

Tampa Bay had 3 legit contenders for the GM spot. Steve Yzerman, Pierre McGuire and one other whose name I don't have. In the final hours it was between McGuire and Yzerman, and I am being told that McGuire was no more than 2 hours away from becoming the Lightning GM because TB were told that Yzerman was really considering another offer he had received from a different team ??? Finally, Yzerman contacted the Lightning a few hours after and decided to accept the Lightning's offer. I found this information rather interesting and I have been trying desperately to find out what other position Yzerman was considering but I have not been able to find anything out yet.

Got to feel bad for Pierre McGuire, but congrats to Steve Yzerman!

No comments:

Post a Comment